jueves, 26 de abril de 2012

How Have I changed This Year as a Learner?

When I first walked into my eight grade english class i was scared. I was told she was a different type of teacher but I didn´t know what to expect. Ms.Shawn turned out to be one of the best teachers I have ever had along with my 3rd Grade teacher in London, Mr.Otoole. In this class mostly, I have learnt to learn in different ways. I now know what helps me learn and what doesnt, stradegies to learn in deifferent ways and what kind of person to work with. All this relates to bloom´s taxonomy and the logo of the CNG learning center, "If I cant learn the way you teach, can you teach the way I learn?". This is actually the ONLY class in which I have learned how to learn, and it has and will help me a lot.

In other classes throught the year, different types of knowledge learning have presented themselves. For example in math class, I have had to adapt to learn in different ways, for example teaching myself with the textbook, when my teacher isnt very clear or when I truly do not understand the concept. This ocassion has presented itself several times through the year, not necessarily in mathematics but in other classes as well. I have also been able to experience the not so nice feeling of when the teacher truly doesnt know how to teach and never really puts effort into it. This year, It happened to me in Spanish class. Sonia is a nice person but she doesnt seem to like her job or her students, which makes everything a lot harder for everyone. I really havent learn anything in the year that has passed except for a basic law in the spanish language. It was truly a horrible experience and a waste of time.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario