viernes, 23 de marzo de 2012

Theme Discussion Novel Project (3)

My Partner, Willy Bergman, and I sat down and had a long and interesting discussion on the theme of our book, "Uglies" by Scott Westerfield. We came up with two themes that had already an origin based on our independent thoughts and reading of the book. I stood with my former decision, even after sharing and comparing ideas and notes. I decided that what I thought was the theme of the book is accepting yourself no matter what. Willy thought that the theme was that you cant let anione trick you into thinking that you dont matter. It is an important theme as well, since it shows to the reader the importance of self value.

We had a long talk and at the end, we decided that the most important theme was accepting yourself no matter what. First of all, to think you matter you have to accept yourself, so this one won like being a first step. Second of all, it is the most presented point in the book and we interpreted it as the stongest message that the author tried to send.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario